Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Squeezing In My Blog . . . .

So lately I have been so busy I haven't had much time to do much of anything besides my stupid realistic object assignment (which I have spent 12ish hours working on and am only 2/3 of the way done . . . so depressing). Don't worry though, my faithful readers, I will post a picture of it when I finally get it done. I can't really complain about it too much though. We were given an extension on the due date. It was due Wednesday morning (meaning I would have to pull an all-nighter to finish it tonight), but, in an act of mercy on my teacher's part, he moved it back to Friday morning, giving me 2 more days to get it done . . . . I could be working on it right now but I only have a half hour before I go eat dinner and then I have a night class right after that, so I will just work on it after class tonight. That gives me 4 solid hours of productive time to work on it. I should be able to get a good chunk of it done . . . hopefully.
In other news, I spent this afternoon working on a game for my programming class that puts you in the role of the "Adventurer" that is exploring dark and scary caves with a bow and arrow (that doesn't shoot) in search of gold. But in this cave, there is a Wumpus. A large and scary looking beast (the grahpics make him look more like a giant gingerbread man) that will eat you if your go onto the same square as him. The cave is also full of deadly pits that you will stumble into if you are not careful. The way to avoid these dangers is that on a adjacent square to a pit there is a breeze and a stench for the Wumpus. Although these warnings are good, they don't tell you how many or in what direction they are, leaving you guessing a lot and usually losing because of making a wrong 50/50 decision. And sometimes (or most of the time) the game is impossible to win because the pit generation, Wumpus placement and gold location are random. Although this game is no Oblivion or Final Fantasy it has it's moments when it is fun. It's strangely addictive too.
Another thing that has been weighing on my mind is the future. I know that I shouldn't be thinking about it but I can't help it. Like for instance, I'm going on a mission, but only if it's for the right reasons, because otherwise I might as well not go. So far in my life I have just said that I was going on mission just to escape the prosecution that is given to those who don't go. Although, I will admit, I don't have reason not to go, I won't go unless things are right. It will be my decision made with, and according to, revelation given to me. I won't go for any other reason. I'm not just going to walk into this "just because I'm supposed to," it's too big for that. Because if I do go in the wrong mind set, I won't be a good teacher and will fail to bring the Light of Christ to people, and right now I don't know if I'm ready. So this summer prayer and soulsearching are in order. I will seek for guidance in this matter until I'm satisfied that I have been given sufficient readiness in mind and spirit to make the right (right, meaning feels right, and go forward with no regrets in mind or heart; that's the only way to do it) decision. If all is right, then all will work out, but there is no need to make things harder than they have to be for myself. And if I go I want to spend those two years teaching, preaching and bringing the Light of Christ to people, not spending a year of that figuring it out why in the heck I'm out there. Anyway, you get the point.
I need to go eat now, so . . . . Don't forget to comment!
Peace.

2 comments:

  1. How dare you tell us about such an intriguing game and not leave a link? I want to escape the Wumpus!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would but there are a few problems:
    1. It's not done, I can't show you something that isn't finished.
    2. Even if I gave you a link, you couldn't because you need Idle to compile and run it.
    Sorry! :(

    ReplyDelete