My PHP scripting class final was a bit ridiculous as well. I studied and did the practice test before hand and knew how to do everything just dandy but then I show up for the final I had never done the stuff he wanted done for the test. I might have been alright, but nothing I was doing was working either. Needless to say, I panicked pretty hard. I about had a breakdown in the middle of the test too. After the test was over I went and talked to my teacher and showed him what I was trying to do, the problems I was having, and said that I had studied and really didn't know what happened. I hadn't had any trouble with the assignments all semester and then I just totally lost it during the final. He was pretty understanding though, and I escaped that class with an A as well (just BARELY though, 93.5% is cutting it a little too close for comfort, the cut off was 94% and he rounded up thankfully). The rest of my finals were pretty much as boring as snot and didn't really have much trouble with them thankfully.
Since the summer has started I have played lots of video games and did some 3D modeling. I'm not going to post my final animation that I did for my class because it pretty much sucks and it didn't really turn out the way I wanted it too. It's just too dang complicated to animate a human character and I did not have enough time. Here are some pictures of Zanderia after I finished though.
|Here she is! I added some things, changed her clothes, gave her some accessories, and just generally made her more awesome! :)|
Since I have decided that this is what I'm going to be doing for the rest of my life (courtesy of an epiphany), I planned to spend my summer making thing in Maya and building my portfolio. My first creation this summer (and hopefully not the last) was a realistically modeled Desert Eagle. I thought I could get this small project (at least I thought it was small when I started) done in a few weeks if I wasn't that motivated. Boy, was I wrong. It took over a month. I am pretty happy with the end result though. The only details that didn't make it in where the internal stuff (firing pins, chamber rails, etc.) and rifling in the barrel. I didn't do the internal stuff because no one would see it and since I was modeling off of pictures, it would have been next to impossible to do, and I didn't do the rifling because I could not figure out how to do it in Maya. Since it's not an external detail I didn't worry about that too much either though. Here are some lovely pictures! I would have more but it takes over 20 minutes per picture to render. This first one is my favorite!
|It was pretty funny, I posted these pictures on Facebook and a few people though they were pictures of real Desert Eagles that I had pulled off the internet.... Hahaha! Made me laugh.|
|Sometime soon I'm going to animate Zanderia shooting one of these babies. I mean, I didn't put in moving parts just for kicks after all.|
|It was pretty annoying that Magnum Research (the company who makes the gun) decided it was a good idea to make the barrel go from a square to round and then back to square again. It might look good, but it makes it uber hard to model.|
|The slug is actually separate from the casing so I can shoot them more realistically. I even put primers on the bullets too. This is also pretty much the only shot that you can see that I didn't put rifling in the barrel.|
So that pretty much sums up the more interesting parts of my life. Hopefully I will have some more stuff to show soon (I'll be working on a Samurai Sword next with a dragon handle which is going to be pretty sick). So stay tuned for more! : ) Thanks for reading!