Friday, February 26, 2010

The Simpsons

So recently I have been watching what few episodes of The Simpsons that are on Hulu, and to my surprise, it is quite a wholesome show considering some of the other crap that's on TV these days. Homer loves his wife and his kids and even though he isn't the brightest crayon in the box, he still does nice things for them. It encourages good family values, which surprised me. Maybe some people still care about the family.
Swear words are sparse on the show which is really nice for a change (i.e. you hear more swear words out of little kids these days). And I was very proud of Homer for reprimanding Bart for using foul language. The reason all of this surprised me was because when I was growing up, I was never allowed to watch the Simpsons because it was a "bad show." I thought it would be similar to Family Guy, which is just a long string of poorly executed dirty jokes and insulting, stupid stunts. The only resemblance to the shows are the animation style, and that's even a stretch.
So in a word, I have gained respect for the Simpsons.
Peace.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting...I was never allowed to watch the Simpsons either growing up.

    ReplyDelete