Saturday, March 27, 2010

My Nerdy, Guilty Pleasures.

So lately I have been questing for new music on Pandora and have found some pretty good bands.
Edenbridge.
They have a unique feel to their music. It's ethereal with shifting rhythms and quite a bit of electric guitar. It's very pleasant to listen to if your in a upbeat mood. One drawback I found, however, is that some of their melodies are so strange that they can throw off one's feng shui, as it were.
Luca Turilli's Dreamquest.
This music can be summed up in one word. Epic. It's like every medieval fantasy climax put into music. I will admit, as much as I like it, it makes me feel super nerdy listening to and enjoying it. The main reason being that nothing that they sing about is based on this reality. It reminds me of all those card games where you can buy sets and expansions that have various monsters, spells, wizards, warlocks, witches and creatures from, or based on a fantasy universe. I can just see myself one of these days putting tape around the bridge of my glasses, tucking in my shirt and debating someone on whether or not a Nagual could beat a Warlock with a fully imbued Dragonsword and Deathstaff. I'm such a nerd. That being said, I would suggest giving Luca Turilli a listen to and see if you like that style of music. If you do, please comment and I can tell you more good groups to look for with that same or similar style.
Another reason I feel like a nerd on occasion is because just the other day I was trying to figure out how to get my computer to receive a wireless signal and then pipe that out to a router to wire the signal into my PS3 and wondering if I actually did that if I would loose too much bandwidth to play (and have the connection speed advantage on) Modern Warfare 2.
Even though that last paragraph is Greek to most people, I forget that a lot. When my parents bought a new computer the other day, I asked to look at the specs to tell if it was a good computer or not. When I looked at the page-and-a-half readout of the specs I was disappointed to find some of them missing. Like it didn't have the motherboard socket type or the processor series name or what level of cache it had or how many pins the RAM had. I was also disappointed to find no listing of all the ports and slots on the motherboard. I could go on but I don't want to bore you. My point is, that I pointed this out to my mom and dad and they just gave me a blank stare like I was speaking Martian.
My future wife is going to have to be good at smiling and nodding when I'm talking about computers or else actually understand what I'm saying but that's like Shallow Hal's level of pickyness. Any girl that can speak Nerd, Geek or anything like it is almost always hot in my opinion. Wow, I'm rambling now. I should stop. Don't forget to comment!
Peace.

4 comments:

  1. Ah, Pandora. I discovered it a couple of summers ago, but haven't used it too much (well, at all, really) lately. Nerdiness is awesome...I have to say that I laughed when I saw the conversation you and Spencer had on his facebook status. ;) Speaking of technology...for some reason, my computer always runs really slowly when I come to your blog, but it's fine on any other site. Do you know why that could be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it's because your computer can't handle my sheer awesomeness. :P No, I really don't know, that doesn't make any sense. I just used one of Blogger's templates so it's not that. I'm clueless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ARE a nerd...but that's why I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lex! I love you because of how competitive you are. :)

    ReplyDelete