Thursday, March 22, 2012

How I Spent Spring Break . . . .

While my friends went to Italy or Disneyland for spring break, mine consisted of doing homework. It wasn't completely wasted though, because I did get some good portfolio material out of it.

A long time ago I had an idea for a novel, the main character of this novel was an Elf named Zanderia. For my most recent 3D project we were supposed to create a character in Maya using the mesh technique. I thought this was a perfect opportunity to make Zanderia. While she doesn't look quite like I wanted her to, I don't think that this project was a disaster and considering that this was my first attempt at not only a mesh character but also a human, I think I did alright.

While she is missing some details like eyebrows, eyelashes, finger and toenails, and  teeth, I did get the majority of her done. It was the best I could do with the tight time frame that I was under.

Her armor was an experiment that I threw together at the last minute. It could be improved, but it didn't turn out horrible.

Her face. I spent a ton of time on her face but have really struggled to get it right. Her hair was also a  big challenge.

I'm very proud of her stomach. I spent a ton of time looking at muscles diagrams so I could get her abs right.

The shoes were an accident that kinda worked. They remind me strongly of Faith's shoes from Mirror's Edge.

I also spent quite a bit of time getting her back right, including shoulder blades. I really like the way her back turned out.

Her hands were challenging but worth it I think. It's an important part of the character to get right.
I am happy with her legs. Well worth the time I put in for them.
 That is how I spent my spring break. Do you think it was worth it? I know Zanderia thinks it was worth it!
^_^

More pictures here.

{Peace}

2 comments:

  1. That looks awesome! I saw the pics on facebook but I wasn't sure why you decided to do it but. Taking the time to slow me down and look at all the different things you did was fascinating! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete