Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Because Life Needs Updating Too . . . .

I know I haven't posted in a long time, life has simply been crazy. With the new semester in full swing, I have found time is precious and what little there is divided in between homework, sleeping, and eating. I am enjoying  my 3D animation class, I can't wait until we get to the organic modeling section. I have a very cool idea for a character that I want to revive from a novel that I was planning on writing never got around to. Whether or not I actually take the daunting task on of modeling the character is yet to be determined.

My other four classes just blur into a swirl of "Do I have to?"s. My two GE classes (Music 1010 and Understanding Film) are mostly boring and the assignments and homework are unfulfilling. My PHP scripting class is going to be hard and not in the direction of where I want my career to go, so I do my best to just face its daily drudgery. My eCommerce class is vague and really a business class, not an IT class. Most of the time I don't feel like I really understand what's going on.

I really don't know what I'm going to do with myself this summer. I don't really want another summer like the last one, all I did was play video games while living at home. I felt kinda like a loser. I thought about applying for an internship in Salt Lake City but I wouldn't have anywhere to live for sure and they don't usually pay enough to pay for rent and food and still make a profit. I thought about staying in St. George for the summer and finding an apartment for the summer and my senior year but I don't have a job for summer and I don't know how many places would only want me for three months. So I guess what happens, happens and will not happen any other way.

Anywho, I will leave you with a photo and a video. The photo is of my new Beyerdynamic)))) DT 880 headphones that I'm listening to right now! They are $300 headphones and I got them, brand new, for just over $150. It's almost criminal!

That's right, these headphones have fuzzy earpads!

That's right, the whole box is made out of aluminum, that beats even Apple's packaging!
And since the box is in German, you know it must be good! 


This video is my 3D animation class assignment where we had to do camera motion. I decided to go the most epic thing I could come up with. Be sure your speakers are on! Without sound it's rather boring and normal.

Fun fact: The city consists of 144 blocks, that's 576 buildings. The project file was almost 1GB.

1 comment: